Day 1 of my no flour commitment is in the books

Today was a vacation day for me and, with TCB off at work, I was pretty much left to my own devices, which made it much easier for me to focus on making healthy choices.

Progress report on the items I committed to in yesterday's post:

  1. Today I ate no flour;
  2. I also ate nothing with more than 20 grams of sugar;
  3. I drank 48 ounces of water (my goal was 64);
  4. I meditated for just short of 10 minutes last night (my monkey brain was on overdrive);
  5. I'm back here, writing, today
I had a check-in with my Weight Watchers Coach today and I told her about my commitment to giving up flour for a week. While the Weight Watchers program allows for a variety of food options, she was very supportive of my choice, especially when I explained why I'm doing this. I know I'll feel better without eating baked goods and high sugar foods, plus I need to get a better grip on my emotional eating and that's nearly always centered on those highly processed foods containing flour and sugar.

I don't know if I can or will do this forever, but a week feels very achievable; I'll evaluate and adjust at the end of the week if needed.

Comments

That Girl said…
One day down!
Kay Lynn said…
You got this!

Popular Posts