Gorgeous

Have you ever had the fat-girl experience of walking into a room and feeling as though you're the fattest, least fashionable girl there? With the lack of good fashion choices for fat women, it's a safe bet that you have if you're larger than a size 18 (the top end of the "standard" fashion lines). It's happened to me more than once and I'll generally do whatever is necessary to avoid that, sometimes up to and including not attending a function I would otherwise have attended because I couldn't find anything that made me feel pretty.

Fast forward to this year and I've got my company holiday party coming up on December 10th. It's a Roaring Twenties or cocktail attire affair and, for once, I've got just the right thing to wear.

It's this gorgeous piece of fabric and sequins. I was a little nervous ordering it off the internet because it might not fit or might fit but make me look like a sparkly apple (I carry my weight in my stomach), but I took a leap of faith and ordered. Boy am I glad that I did - it arrived today and it fits like a dream. I'll need to have the shoulder straps shortened slightly because the bodice is a little loose, but otherwise it's just gorgeous. Most importantly, it makes me feel like the prettiest girl at the ball. And while you can't put a price on that feeling, it doesn't hurt that it was 50% off of the original price I saw when I found it.

Can't wait to wear it to the party!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The dress is gorgeous and so will you be when you wear it with confidence!
Anonymous said…
I love this dress! --taylor
Lori said…
I've always wondered what to wear to a 20s party and this is perfect. Great job shopping!

Popular Posts