Products that I love: Mrs. Meyer's Laundry Soap

TCB came home from his overnight trip for the American Legion yesterday afternoon and almost immediately the depression started to lift a little. I really have to remember to set up girlfriend get-togethers for times when he's out of town because, even though I generally don't want to be around other people when I'm in the fog of depression, the effort to be social is always worth it.

Today marks the beginning of something new here on the blog - I'm going to write about products that I love that help me lead a healthier lifestyle. None of these are paid reviews nor have I received anything (including free product) for my consideration. These are just things that are such an important part of my life that I want to share them.

The first such product is Mrs. Meyer's Laundry Soap. This soap has a lovely scent - my current favorite is Lemon Verbena - derived from essential oils, not chemicals, and gets our clothes sparkling clean with simple, 100% biodegradable ingredients and without the use of phosphates. (Phosphates are an important consideration for the environment because the overuse of them in household cleaning products can lead to an overgrowth of algae in community waste water systems, choking out native fish and plant life. Several countries have enacted legal bans on the use of phosphates in cleaning products; the United States is not one of those countries.) Even with all of the abuse that TCB's clothes get - or the occasional visit from one of the boys with their odoriferous bags and bags of dirty laundry - this soap gets everything clean and smelling nice again. Laundry is no one's favorite chore but at least by having a nice-smelling detergent I have something to look forward to on Sunday nights.

Other related products I've tried include their liquid dish soap, hand soap, and dryer sheets. All smell wonderful, include biodegradable ingredients, and come in recyclable packaging.

Popular Posts