Good food, good fun, and I finally meet Shauna

I did not eat at McDonald's yesterday. That is such portentous news that I could nearly end my post right there, bit there's more to say.

I wanted to take it easy and have a fun, relaxing morning/early afternoon so that I could be ready for the start of Fitbloggin, so I slept in, did a treadmill walk, then set off for Georgetown. Once in the heart of the city, I knew it would be a good day when a parking space opened up directly in front of me within a block of my target: Georgetown Cupcakes. I had lunch at a lovely Indian restaurant (Chicken Korma with Peas and Potatoes, rice, and bread for $8.95) before standing in line for 5 minutes to purchase a Komen cupcake, nonfat latte, and a cute pink cap (for my head). Once I'd snapped a quick picture, I walked back to my car and took off for Baltimore and Shauna.

Yes, she's just as lovely in person as she is online, in case you were wondering. We had some fun adventures involving taking her to her very first Walmart (airline lost her luggage) and driving through yet another dodgy neighborhood (I swear I don't go out of my way to find them!) before we headed to the Fitbloggin opening reception, which was a lot of fun. I had to leave after a few hours for the 40 minute drive back to my DC hotel for the night.

I have a 5:00 am wake up call already scheduled so that I can get dressed and ready, check out from this hotel, and drive back to Baltimore for the Fitbloggin 5K at 7:00 am.

Comments

Shauna said…
Wow I feel like I could have a big cry after reading this... wtf did they put in the water there to make me an emotional wreck? DUDE it was so good to meet you and can't wait to do it again. Marla, if you're reading this, we're coming after you in 2012 ;)

Popular Posts