A week of gratitude: Day 4

Today, as we in the United States celebrate Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful for the men and women of our armed forces, many of whom will eat their turkey dinners far away from home and the families that love them. I remember too well what it's like to spend holidays separated from a military spouse and I'm so thankful that we have people willing to make this sacrifice so that the rest of us can live in peace and safety.

Mick, Al the Pug, and I spent our Thanksgiving morning walking in a neighborhood 5K. We were almost the last finishers, but we finished and it was a beautiful morning that we spent together as a family and I loved it. I had to ice my glutes and hamstrings, but I still loved it. After the ice, some Advil, an a nice nap, we headed off to the local VFW post for turkey dinner, and now we're home again and I'm getting ready for some laundry before dinner. I cannot think of a single thing that would make this day better - it's perfection.

Comments

Popular Posts