Day 22, 240 to go - The weigh-in of truth

I could type out a whole convoluted story about what I did this morning before I weighed in but really all I want to say is that I LOST ANOTHER 3.8 POUNDS this week, bringing my three week total to 14.2 pounds. Wow, this is really working.

If you detect a sense of wonderment in my words, it's because I've been trying to get myself to eat better and exercise ever since I met TCB almost five years ago and it hasn't ever really worked before. And I'm happy, I have almost everything I've ever wanted (wonderful husband, beautiful home, job that I love most days, a Pug puppy, three awesome cats, my awesome parents, dear friends who love me no matter what I look like or what I do), and I'd finally made peace with my body just as it is, fat stomach and all. But then my lower back started to hurt nearly every night. Then my hips joined in the party. And I was having trouble sleeping because I couldn't find a comfortable resting position. So I started seeing my wonderful acupuncturist, Judith, and she told me - very non-judgmentally, mind you - that it was the strain of supporting my stomach that was bothering my spine and hips, and that started me thinking. And thinking is where it stayed until Lori started the Ten in '10 Challenge and I decided to give it a shot. Totally non-judgmental, very do-what-is-right-for-you, this challenge helped me move from thinking about being healthy to taking steps (literally!) to build a healthy life for myself. I can't thank Lori enough for giving me the motivation to start moving again, start caring again, to literally save my life...may God bless you, Lori, for what you're doing.

And it's not just the losing weight, because that's not the end goal I'm walking toward...it's losing inches off my waist (1 inch in the last week!) and being excited about picking up/cleaning around the house and wanting to find outdoor activities for TCB and I to do together (kayaking, biking, walking). It's living, people...I want to LIVE and enjoy the heck out of each moment I have on Earth and that's exactly what I meant when I said I wanted to live a healthy, active life several months ago.

So, I'm going to put the towels in the dryer, lace up my shoes, put Al in his harness, and take off for an hour to walk around the neighborhood with my puppy to celebrate Valentine's Day. And then later I'm hoping TCB and I can pack a picnic, put our bikes on the back of the Jeep, and go for a 10-mile bike ride down at Miramar Lake. Love is, indeed, in the air!

Comments

Matilda444 said…
Might I recommend http://www.geocaching.com as an activity you and TCM may enjoy together.
RecipeGirl said…
I'm so happy for you!! We're so lucky to live in San Diego where the weather is so fabulous that you pretty much want to be active and outside as much as possible! Best of luck to you in your continued healthy journey :)
Anonymous said…
awesome job!!!
Anonymous said…
Fantastic!!! And yes, I agree, you are so lucky to live in a great weather area. I am SO OVER this snow in DC and it just keeps comin'....wah
neca said…
Awesome!!!

I haven't been able to comment for the past few days (my end, I'm sure), but I wanted to share a blog with you that is a really terrific "maintenance blog" by someone who has lost weight, kept it off, but is very honest about what that's like.

www.jack-sprat.net

Take care!
What a great mindset! I wish you the best of luck, you are off to an amazing start. New reader here, love your writing :)

Popular Posts