Love Your Body, Day 2: This is not as easy as you'd think

I'm sad to report that we did not have tremendously better results last night with the attempt to get a full eight hours of sleep. I got in bed about the right time, but then I struggled tremendously to fall asleep while also waking up an hour earlier than planned, so I think I got about 6-1/2 hours total. I think last night's issue was that I had a wicked case of the fidgets. (This happens to me at least once every few weeks.) Jess gave me some good suggestions that I'll try tonight and report back tomorrow.

In other news, TCB is back in his home port, so he might be seeing some of your lovely cards as we speak. Well, perhaps not right at this very moment because it's 9:30 in the morning on Saturday there, but you know what I mean. Anyway, a HUGE thanks to all who took (or will take - there's still plenty of time!) the time to send my husband a holiday card. I wish that I could do something similar for every member of the armed forces of every country around the world who is away from their family, but I only have the mailing address for this particular one, so I do what I can.

Comments

Bluegrass Mama said…
I find that few things are as likely to keep me awake as pressure to get to sleep (i.e., when I know have to get up extra early and I really NEED to sleep NOW). I'm wondering if your worry a bout getting enough sleep is a large part of what's keeping you awake. Good luck getting into a better sleep pattern. I like to read till I feel sleepy. Gripping murder mysteries are not a good choice for this. Psalms work well.
i haven't been here in ages! happy to see you're still at it.

as for those fidgets - i get that too and for me it's a sign that i'm dehydrated. once i get the water level back up it improves tons.

honestyrain
The Silver Fox said…
Hey, love the new design. Good luck with the sleeping thing - I rarely get 8 but I've been trying.
Gingernut said…
Love the new design, Denise :) Just wanted to let you know that I sent my card off last week. No idea how long the post takes from England, but it's on its way!

Good luck with the snoozing tonight.

Sarah xx
neca said…
For me, the keys to a good nice sleep are: no alcohol and exercise. Maybe a pm yoga relaxation tape or something? Something that will send the signal that its time to downshift. good luck....

Popular Posts