Reasons to give thanks

Thursday afternoon. My family has a tradition that we go around the table before we start on Thanksgiving dinner and everyone says something that they're thankful for. This year I had to stop and think for a minute before I could answer, not because I had nothing to say but, rather, because I have so many things to be thankful for that I couldn't come up with just one.

Spending Thanksgiving Day with my mom and dad. (Thank you, God, for keeping them safe another year!)

A job that I love and where I'm appreciated.

The means to buy myself nearly anything I want (within reason).

The strength of character to know that I don't have to look or act like everybody else in order to feel good about myself. (Thank you Gloria for helping me with this one.)

A platform from which I can do something that makes a difference for families in California.

Great friends.

Happy cats.

And, last but not least, a happy, healthy husband whose physical absence from my life reminds me daily that the freedoms and blessing I enjoy are not free.

To each of you that takes a moment from your own life to visit my little corner of the world wide web, thank you. I am grateful for your friendship, real life or virtual, and I hope you have many blessings in your life to be thankful for, too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Happy Thanksgiving. Here in India, we don't have it. However, Hindus have a lot of fesivals.

One good post. Michele sent me here. I thank the blog worl and Michele sending new friends my way!
Lys said…
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!
Gingernut said…
Happy (coughbelatedcough) Thanksgiving Denise! I hope you had a wonderful day. It's an absolute pleasure to 'know' you :)

Also, I would love to add my name to the list of people who want to send a card to Mick. I'll email you shortly!

Sarah
xxx

Popular Posts