Who do you love?

Sunday night. Have you watched any of the shows on the Brookhaven Obesity Clinic? There's a marathon on today and I've watched several. I see myself in the patients' faces and in their stories. At one point, the narrator says (of one of the patients), "He has to decide what he loves more: Life or food." Wow, that really hit home. That's me to a tee. I have to decide to love myself more than the food and also figure out why I'm eating like this. I wasn't bingeing at all when Mick was living here and I wasn't really missing it. OK, I was missing it, but I was eating less anyway.

Love, love, love...all you need is love. Mickey, if you're reading this (and he might be for all I know), know that I love you, and the cats, and our families...and I've got to take some time and figure out how to love me again. It's not you, it's me and I've got to do it alone, so just know that I'm OK and I'm trying.

Comments

JessiferSeabs said…
In many ways, perhaps his leaving for a while IS the best thing that could have happened... because it's not like you broke up, it's not like he LEFT you... you still have the comfort of the relationship and the love and the knowledge that he's still yours, but you can take this time to totally focus on YOU....

I find we, women, don't do that enough...
Her Grace said…
I love this post. I've watched the show, but didn't see that scene. Food is such a powerful thing, so immediate in it's gratification...I understand completely.

Warm wishes to you in figuring it out!

Her Grace
(yes, I'm blogging AGAIN at a new URL. This time I'm sticking around!)

Popular Posts