Monday, December 18, 2006

Love isn't love until you give it away

Monday afternoon. I'm sure it's just hormones, but I keep wanting to hug people at random as I walk through the halls here at VLSCI. (Please note that I don't actually act on this impulse because high tech is not a "huggy" industry.) Maybe I'll bake something yummy instead - sort of like a hug on the inside!

This weekend was lovely. TCB and I visited with my parents yesterday at our favorite restaurant at the San Juan Capistrano train station. My mother might drive me crazy, but I still love them both with the fierce determination that only a single woman with no kids approaching 40 can muster - they are my family, darnit! We took the scenic route home from the restaurant, up into the mountains and then through Lake Elsinore and Temecula, and it was nice. A stop at Starbucks in Lake Elsinore for a non-fat, decaf, no-whip Peppermint Mocha and Denise was a happy girl. Cuddles with kitties in the sun while napping and watching football was the agenda for the mid-afternoon, followed by pizza and a Bon Voyage party for one of TCB's colleagues at work (he's going to DC). Just enough activity to keep things interesting, not so much as to interfere with my napping.

I have a question for both of my readers: Are either of you using the new Nike+ system with the iPod? I've been reading about it and I'm very interested in hearing real-life experiences. It would be really nice, I think, to be able to get real time updates on your distance while walking/running without having to wear a bulky watch or calibrate a pedometer. The transmitter unit is only about $25 but it's only compatible with the new nano and I have a mini, so I'd have to get a new iPod, but that's not an insurmountable obstacle if it's going to be really useful. So, pipe up, dear readers, and tell me what you think.

Love and kisses,
Denise

8 comments:

Mamacita said...

I wish I had an iPod!

Matilda444 said...

I would recommend these alternatives: http://www.bimactive.com or http://www.motionbased.com

M@rla said...

"New Nike+ system with an ipod..."! Hah! I am using a broken pedometer and I wear an old walkman-style device that plays cassette tapes or the radio. Recently I've been running to "The Redneck 12 Days of Christmas."

Hmm... if anyone's looking for a gift idea for me...

Silas said...

Sara is getting me an Ipod for Christmas. She doesn't know that I know. She thinks she's been so very sneaky, and that it's the best gift she could give me. Well, she's right - it's the perfect gift :) And since she feels so proud of it, I am not letting on that I know.

Anyway, I'm interested now in this Nike+ thing - it sounds VERY cool. I just might have to look it up.

-Silas
journalofafatloser.blogspot.com

rdhdprincess said...

Those ARE cute ankle boots. I would look so cute in those! As would you! I wish I could help, but I am IPod ignorant, I am afraid. But did you know that my favorite drink is non-fat, no-whip peppermint mocha? Great minds think alike!

Nell said...

I'm still carrying a boombox on my shoulder.

Shannin said...

I don't mind using a HR monitor with my old mini iPod, although the idea of getting live updates plus a pedometer sounds good.

Bluegrass Mama said...

What is this iPod of which you speak? I have finally started used iTunes, but just on my computer. I haven't even gotten around to burning any CDs from it yet.