A letter to _______ from your CASA

Saturday night. Do you have any idea how much you've changed my life just in the five months I've known you? My mother told me from the very beginning that I'd get more out of this than you would and, boy, has she ever been proven right. When I see your quick, shy smile and hear your un-self conscious giggle, my heart constricts with amazement at the knowledge that I have been blessed with such a child in my life. Thanks to you, I no longer question if my life has meaning because I know that you need me and that I make a difference in your life. When you said, "it was good to see you today," as I was leaving today, I nearly cried because it was the first time you'd acknowledged that I might be important to you. I've had no children and probably never will, but, through you, I have found a way to express the maternal instincts that have lain dormant for years and years now.

I will be here for you, always. I will never let anyone hurt you ever again. I will keep my word to you and will always make sure that you know how special you are to me. When I cease being your CASA on your 18th birthday, that will be the end of our legal relationship, but I can't imagine losing touch with you. I plan to help you move into your dorm, watch you play football in front of 100,000 screaming fans, and attend your collge graduation. You are one of the most important parts of my life, right after my parents, and I hope you know that you can always count on me.

With much love from your CASA, Denise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
He's a very lucky young man, Denise :)

This is a wonderful and admirable thing you do and I know you must be terribly proud of him!
Anonymous said…
How inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
Rebecca said…
What a wonderful letter Denise!

Alcott is lucky to have you. :)
Anonymous said…
Lovely. So glad you could make a difference in someone's life...

Popular Posts