Somewhere, over the rainbow

Sunday evening. You know how there are sometimes moments when the world is so good, so perfect that it actually hurts to think about it? (I'm not the only one that happens to, am I???) Right now is one of those moments. I'm sore from my workout (hello hamstrings!) and not particularly anxious to go back to work tomorrow (hello frothing-at-the-mouth project managers!) but I'm filled with this unshakeable belief that my life is absolutely perfect right now. Right this very second. I don't know what will happen in the future, but right now is good. Right now is very good. I'm alive, in the very strongest sense of the word!

As I drove to work to use the gym today, there was the biggest rainbow I've ever seen. I mean, this thing literally stretched from one side of the county to the other and as far into the sky as my eye could see. And, as I gazed at it in wonder and thought about the whole "pot of gold" thing, I started to cry as I realized that I don't need rainbows anymore because I have already found my treasure and, like the characters in "The Wizard of Oz", it was here all along.

Comments

Popular Posts