"If I became Miss America, the first thing I'd do would be banning men from wearing Lycra bike shorts!"

Thursday afternoon. Improbably, I find myself a finalist for something. Something very nice, too. Who would have thought it was possible? In any case, I think I'm going to take a page from Anita (who, by the way, is also a finalist for a different category!) and profile the wonderful sites that are in consideration for my category, which is "Best Weight Loss/Fitness Blog".

Rebeka at [sick of] Sucking It In is on my own daily reading list and I cannot recommend her strongly enough. She has a wonderful, very personable writing style that makes you feel as though you're right there in the room with her. She's lost an amazing 71.5 pounds thus far and looks totally stunning! She's doing Weight Watchers and has the wonderful Mr. Ralph to encourage her every step. She also has a cat that is, from all visible evidence, the long-lost cousin to Dave, my cat, and also enjoys the sport of waking his owner up by playing with things on the bedside table. (Who teaches them these things???) Anyway, go and visit, say hello from me, and please consider giving your vote to Rebeka's site.

And, Poppy? I am practicing my "parade wave" and being measured for my Best Weight Loss Blog finalist tiara as we speak! (I should ask Shannin for advice - she's the former beauty queen!)

Comments

Popular Posts