Drumroll, please...

Sunday morning. I know that you're all simply dying to know which of the many outfits at my disposal I chose for last night's VLSCI holiday gathering, so, without further ado, I give you...


The entire outfit

and


a close up of my face, hair, and jewelry.

Yes, I went for the red dress. In the end, it came down to the fact that I don't want to hide and be ashamed anymore and, everytime I turned from the red dress to another choice, it was with the thought that people wouldn't notice the stomach in it. So, to challenge myself a little, I went for the red dress. I will confess, however, that I ended up wearing the lovely black, crepe coat I had thrown on for warmth and confidence, for most of the evening. There was very little time when the very tight red dress was on full display just because I'm not quite confident enough yet to show the still fat stomach in public with pride, but it was still there and still visible. Other than that, though, I really wish I'd skipped the party altogether. The food was passable (although I ate too much because I was starved by the time they started serving), the decorations were lovely, and it was nice to see friends, but it just made me feel like a sad little loser being there on my own, especially when everyone went off to stand in line or dance or whatever, as I was frequently left at the table by myself. I don't think I'll bother going next year - not worth the calories!

While I'm posting pictures, I don't think I ever posted anything from my graduation, so let me remedy that right now.
Can you tell how excited I was?

Comments

Popular Posts