Reader Appreciation Day and the end of this horrid week!

Friday (late) afternoon. I, with the absolute power that corrupts absolutely, have decreed that today - Friday, November 5, 2004 - is Reader Appreciation Day here at "Do you have that in my size???" and, accordingly, I'm going to give you a list of reasons why each and every one of you rocks. Tremendously.

1. You take some of your valuable time to read the silly things I write. I spend most of my time toiling away and getting no recognition of any sort except here, where I can count on someone to give me some feedback.

2. You are engaged and intelligent folks who care and give of yourselves to the world. In my humble opinion, the world needs more of our kind of folks, regardless of political ideology because at least we care and are willing to engage in respectful discourse, which is, as I recall from Civics back in the Dark Ages, what is supposed to distinguish us from lower life forms. Like murderous despots. And people who litter.

3. You make me laugh sometimes and cry others and that's the whole point of life, isn't it?

4. I have this mental picture of all of you, sitting in front of your keyboards and monitors, attentively poring over your regular reads just as old fashioned folks used to do with their town newspapers. This - what we all have together - is community at its finest and purest and it's powerful.

5. Even after a truly poopy week like this one, I know that it's "not me, it's just the situation" because I have wonderful people like Michele who tell me so even when I don't believe it myself. I give thanks, every night just before falling asleep, for whatever power drew me to Blogger, because this little site has been my salvation more than once in the 18 months since I started plodding away.

For all of the above reasons, and so many more, I want to recognize you - the wonderful readers of this inane little corner of the blogosphere. You really do rock my world!

Comments

Popular Posts