On and on it goes

Friday evening. I'm sleepy. Am I not the most profound read you've had today? Sigh.

I went to a friend's father's funeral this morning. Tony's father was a decorated (Marine) veteran of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. He had nine children and nearly as many grandchidren. He loved baking pies and (hand) writing correspondence. He passed away in his sleep Saturday night and, honestly, is there a better way to go? The funeral was lovely but they always leave me slightly melancholy as I reflect on my own mortality and the current state of my life.

Good news, though: it's never too late to change your life. I may not be able to control how much longer I have here, but I can darn sure make it a more fulfilling and meaningful journey. Just call me a Work in Progress.

Comments

Popular Posts