This and that

Monday afternoon. I'm not the quickest runner in the pack so excuse me if I am like the very last person in the world to come to this conclusion, but I think I might need to lighten up (no pun intended!) on my hyper vigilance in the food and activity area. Actually, I'm not going to lighten up my activity but I am going to mix it up a little. The food portion of things, however, needs a little play, I think. So, here's what I'm thinking:

1. Stick with my healthy meals for all but one meal a week and allow myself a reasonable portion of something if I'm really craving it in between. Yes, I'm going to allow for the possibility of between meal snacking but, truly, only if it's something really special and wonderful. No junky, greasy chips. No lame cookies. Some really wonderful, possibly home made (by someone else, of course - I'm not crazy) chocolate cookies perhaps or even some amazing carne asada (hold the beans with lard, please). I just have to stop being so obsessive about perfection - it's boring and it's just not necessary.

2. Five days a week of cardio will stay on the plan and I'm going to add an attempt at getting to Curves once a week. It's simply pathetic that I'm not using a membership that I've been paying $35 a month for since February! Besides, it's resistance training which I probably ought to start thinking about now that my own, natural body weight isn't filling that niche the way it used to.

I'm sure I'll be tweaking this more as I go along. Many of you are probably wondering why I made such a big deal out of such little changes. It all comes down to this, kids: I don't like change. I'm happiest when I've got a regimented life that never changes and is completely predictable. I know, doesn't it sound boring as all get out? Now you begin to understand why I never talk about anything except the Ten Percent Challenge in my journal - there is nothing in my life except this. If you'd like to contribute to the Get Denise a Life Fund, please click on the Email link to the left. All contributions are gratefully accepted and dubiously deductible as a charitable expense.

Comments

Popular Posts