What goes up...

Sunday night. Well, it's been over a week since I launched the revamped Ten Percent Challenge and I'm still going strong. I feel really good and very strong and, perhaps most importantly, as though I can keep doing this forever. Eating healthy food, getting some kind of activity in most days, drinking adequate water, daily celebrations, and focusing on the positive about myself are all very attainable yet truly powerful goals and I can already see some wonderful results.

Some results are tangible, such as the number on my scale, which has dropped about 13 pounds in the last month or the fact that I'm wearing a cute little skirt that I picked up in April which was about two inches too small at the waist and is now comfortable - no binding, no cutting off the circulation below my waist. Some can be seen from the outside by others, such as the glow of improving health or the narrowing of my face (my aesthetician noticed it yesterday when I was getting my brows waxed).

Still, the best, most important changes are those that only I can appreciate. The feeling when I wake up in the morning and know that it's going to be a great day because it's all about my reactions and my attitude. Looking into the mirror - the entire mirror - and liking what I see. Making peace with my body so that I don't objectify and vilify certain body parts as "too big" or "disgusting" or any other negative thing. Yes, my stomach is bigger than I'd like and I have little bulges at the top of my inner thighs, but that doesn't make them, or me, "bad". Every part of my body helps me get through the day, the week, my life, and they are all important and wonderful, no matter what their size or shape. It's really only the way we've been brought up that makes us look at a large tummy and call it ugly, so why not just turn that on its ear and say that no body part ever created is ugly and that they all deserve to be treated with love and kindness. I know, this is a little touchy feely, but it's truly how I feel and what I'm trying to do. I can only say that, for me, after a week, it's working.

Today's celebrations are my cute skirt and my comfortable, happy home. My little condo isn't fancy and there's no decorating theme tying each of the rooms together, but it's safe and it's comfortable and it welcomes everyone that walks through its doors with a space to relax, put your feet up, and enjoy an amazing view of the mountains. It may not be spotlessly clean, but it's my home and I'm proud of it.

Comments

Popular Posts