No excuses

Wednesday night. The title of this post refers to my recognition of the fact that I've not been posting as regularly as I normally do, not of my progress on the Ten Percent Challenge, which is going along swimmingly.

So far, since Saturday, I've been able to eat on plan every meal, drink 96 ounces of water, and get a 20 minute workout in three of five days. I'm honestly pretty proud of myself and just a little scared. I've got a business lunch tomorrow afternoon and I can't ditch it because I'm the highest ranking person going, so I am, in effect, the host. I don't know where we're going and I'm going to try to steer it toward a restaurant that I know has "safe" entrees. I'll also up my exercise tomorrow to 45 minutes to try to offset any extra food that might, accidentally, make it into my mouth. We shall see how it goes.

In the meantime, my celebration for today is the fact that I feel really good about myself, just as I am right now. This is nothing short of a miracle for me, as I've spent most of my life hating my body and putting myself down on every front. It's a strange feeling to think good things about myself, to accept compliments gracefully instead of deflecting them, and to look in the mirror without picking apart what I see. Strange, but good. I think I could get used to this.

Comments

Popular Posts