A shopping emergency!

Monday afternoon. Last night, while surfing the web for fun clothing in my size (a fruitless exercise most days), I ran across this site and my avaricious little heart began to pound. I shopped at Evans in 2000 while I was in the UK with my mother and loved it then, so I merrily began adding things to my cart. By the time I was done, I'd whipped up several hundred pounds worth of clothing (it really is gorgeous - this is not difficult to do) and was ready to check out. I clicked the little "check out" button and, to my dismay, discovered that there wasn't a place to enter my country, nor my ZIP code. They don't ship outside the UK!!! Horror!

So, here's my thought: certainly someone reading this must live within the lovely confines of the United Kingdom and be willing to accept shipment of a reasonably sized package for me. Once said package is delivered, I can just get FedEx or UPS to come and pick it up for delivery to my greedy little hands. This wouldn't cost you a thing other than the time to bend over and pick the package up from your entryway and put it back out again once the pick up is arranged. I would be happy to do the same for you, should there be something you need from California or anywhere in the US. This could be the start of a very satisfying arrangement!

On the food and weight front, I weighed myself this morning because I enjoy suffering, and found, to my surprise, that I'd lost six pounds from my last weigh in on March 15. I'm not sure if this is a real loss or not - it might be water. I don't feel any smaller and my clothes are not any looser, so I'm not getting excited. Food is OK today, although I feel sort of on the edge of another binge. It's so odd how cerebral my eating is once you know where to look. Whenever I eat something I wasn't planning on, there's always something going on in my head that triggers it. I never realized that until just recently, because I've really been paying attention. It's fascinating stuff, I tell you!

Comments

Popular Posts