A change will do you good

Monday afternoon. First things first. I've changed my commenting system so that one of my favorite readers can actually comment without having to go to the trouble of sending me an email. Let me know if you have any trouble with the new system.

I had this huge, overblown entry ready to unleash on everyone earlier today and then I realized that I was overcomplicating it. Big time. Here's the concise version: Life is hard for everyone. Sometimes it seems as though the entire world is going to Hell in a handbasket at the speed of light. We can't control what goes on around us and we can't save the world. What we can do is take the best possible care of ourselves, treat ourselves kindly, and enjoy every single moment we have here on Earth. We are made to love and be loved, and that love should extend to our bodies and our entire selves. It doesn't matter what a bunch of people I'll never meet think of me, the only important thing is how I feel about myself. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Are you wondering why this is just coming to me now? Me, too.

In a sad note about my earlier posting, the man involved in the shooting just below my house died in the hospital this morning. The media seems to be suggesting that it was some sort of planned ambush, that the shooter was waiting for this poor man, which, in some sense, is even more horrific than thinking it was some random act of violence.

Comments

Popular Posts