The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Tuesday morning. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Thinking about how horrible I feel, nearly all the time. Thinking about what I really want for my future, for myself. Thinking about what Life really means if you're not living it. Thinking that I'm 36 years old and I feel more like 56. For all of my thinking, I haven't got the answer to life or anything terribly profound like that, but I have come to the realization and acceptance of the fact that I've got to start getting some exercise every day and start eating smaller portions of low fat, nutritious foods. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it?

This morning, I've weighed and measured myself. The results of my little fact finding expedition can be found with my links ("My progress") and will be updated every month on the 15th. I'm not putting them here on my main page because, to be frank, I'm more than a little ashamed. I have to say, though, that once I typed them out, they weren't nearly as scary as I'd expected them to be. I've also got my goals on that page, for comparison and measurement of progress toward where I want to get to.

Only time will tell whether or not I'll carry through with this, but something has to change -- it just has to.

Comments

Popular Posts