Curiouser and curiouser

Tuesday afternoon. Just when I think that my life has reached the apex of confusion and disorder, something else always comes along to tip the scales just a wee bit further toward chaos. Amazing really, especially when you consider how little I really do outside of work and working out!

Take, for example, the circular repairs needed on my condo. I got a new dishwasher put in last week (because the old one was leaking) and when the installation man came to hook it up, he found that there's a leak under the sink. Joy! He told me that the plumber will need to turn off the water for about an hour to fix it. Great news, because there isn't a shutoff for my unit, there is a single one shared for all 4 of the units in my hallway, which means that I've got to inform/solicit feedback from my neighbors well in advance. Further complicating the matter is the fact that the plumber will also need access to the water heater, which is behind the half of the bi fold doors in the carport that no longer functions (it was hit by the trash can that was propelled in that direction by an idiot driving into the can [NOT me]). This means that I will have to get the door replaced before I can even call the plumber. Then, there's the screens in both bedrooms and the sliding screen door in the living room, all of which had to be completely replaced because of how old and dilapitated they are (done today). Finally, after they finished painting the balcony railing, the wood on the deck looks even more hideous. As I was contemplating how to get the homeowners association to send someone out to take care of it for me, I remembered that I'd received a call last summer in the midst of my many travels from a termite company telling me that they'd spotted damage on my deck and needed to have access through the unit. Of course, I never got back to them, so I called the management company to: ask about getting the termite folks out (they'll be there tomorrow afternoon), ask about the protocol before shutting off communal water (send notes or visit a few days in advance), and what color paint the carport doors are (so that I can buy a can and give to the door company). While not everything has been completed, at least most have been initiated and that, at least for me, is half of the battle.

Monday's exercise: 45 minutes walking/jogging PLUS an hour of weights and stretching with my trainer
Weeks to 2004 LA Marathon: 43

Tuesday's exercise: None...:-(

Comments

Popular Posts